Getting Your website pages to rank high in Google Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) takes a lot of time and effort. It is no secret that SEO is a slow marketing technique, but that shouldn’t discourage you.
There are ways to improve your ranking in google and make it easier for your potential customers or audience to find you.
I’ll be showing you some key techniques to improve your Google ranking. Before that, I know I said SEO is a slow process, but there’s a quick way to increase your ranking on Google. This method will only bring you little improvements so it should not be done in place of the slow and steady growth.
How to quickly improve your google ranking – short term method
Now, to quickly improve your ranking, you need to first find which phrases you’re currently ranking for and the exact pages on your websites. You can quickly get this by using google analytics. It’ll show you the keywords and the pages on your website.
After you have gotten the keywords, you’re already ranking for and their corresponding pages on your website, you need to confirm your ranking on Google by searching for those keywords and checking your page.
Now all you need to do is to go to those keywords on the pages of your website already ranking and improve the relevance. This will automatically force your pages to improve in ranking for these keywords.
How to steadily improve your google ranking – long term method
Because SEO is a long term marketing technique which usually takes up to a year or more before you begin to see the effect, you need patience and consistency.
Here are some easy to follow techniques that’ll improve your websites ranking on SERPs.
- Write quality SEO focused articles: Writing valuable contents free of errors will not only lead to more visitors but will also lead to a better ranking as Google will treat your website as a trusted site.
- Improve the user experience of your website: This should be one of the first things to do when you want to improve your rankings. You need to make your site not only enjoyable for your audience but also easy to navigate. The more time your users spend on your site moving from page to page will increase your ranking.
- Optimise for speed: You need to continually improve the loading speed of your website both on mobile and desktop. Several factors can cause a reduction in loading speed, things like the size of your images and user cache. Compressing your pictures and browser caching will lead to a faster site.
- Make use of Google’s on-page optimisation tool: This is Google’s unique guide on SEO best practices for newbies. This guide will get you on your way to improving your ranking.
- Get quality backlinks: Getting backlinks from trusted websites is an excellent way of improving your Google rankings. These backlinks also bring in more traffic. You can set up a Google alert for whenever your site is mentioned so you can reach out to the site owner and ask for a link instead, they’ll most likely oblige.
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think down below.